Membership fees and information about Flexible Membership is listed below.
Puttenham Golf Club's Flexible Membership category is a 12 month points based membership that enables golfers to hold the more traditional elements of a golf club membership such as having an official handicap and be able to play in club competitions, but with the added flexibility of a modern scheme which allows you to tailor the cost per round by how much golf you choose to play and when you choose to play it. There is a joining fee of £200.
From the 1st January 2024 the subscription fee for Flexible Membership is £700, plus an extra £20.50 England Golf Union Fee for administration of your WHS handicap. The subscription fee gives you an initial 1000 points* To see how many points rounds of golf cost please see the Points Timetable at the bottom of the page
As and when you need your points total can be topped up by 500 points at a time at the cost of £350.
NB Any left over points from the initial 1000 when your 12 months membership expires do not carry forward to your next subscription year. However if you have needed to top up your points total within your subscription year these top up points do carry forward.
The club reserves the right to change the points timetable at anytime and will do so by providing no less than 7 days notice.
BENEFITS OF FLEXIBLE MEMBERSHIP**
* 1000 points to use as you please - No restrictions on when you can play
* Free County Card - gives you discounted green fees at over 1000 golf courses in England
* Maintain a WHS handicap - accepted worldwide
* Competition golf - plenty of weekday and weekend competitions
* Free hire of the clubhouse for celebrations/parties - subject to minimum spend of £250 on food/drink
* Courtesy golf at other participating local clubs - subject to surrender of the applicable points amount
There is an optional £125 bar card top up required annually at the time of joining or renewal if you would like access to the bar and food discounts.