2020 sees The Village Club celebrate its centenary as it was formally established by the main Club Committee in October 1920. This finally resolved the long-standing wish of the Countess Visconti to provide a golf course for local people in and around the village, and solved rights of way issues in the early years of the twentieth century. Membership was restricted to parishioners of Puttenham and Wanborough, as is the case today.
Village Club members receive a special discount off the Full Membership subscription. It’s an unusual arrangement with few equivalents but a part of the Club’s history that we are pleased to have kept alive for a hundred years.
The Village Club has its own Committee and Accounts, and its members therefore have no voting rights in the main Club’s AGM or EGM. However, in all other respects they enjoy the same benefits as members of the main Club. The Village Club has a total allocation of 30 adult members (male or female) and five juniors. At present, there are vacancies in the Village Club for new members living in the Parish. Please contact Puttenham’s main office on 01483 810498 for further information or details of the Parish Boundary.
For information on subscription fees head to the Membership pages